The online market is becoming an increasingly important sales channel for retailers and brands to reach a broader audience in Australia and tap into international markets. As online marketplaces become the go-to platform, retailers need to fully understand their customer base by unleashing the power of data through these retail factsheet.
State of play
- Ecommerce in Australia is growing rapidly; Australia is currently the 10th largest ecommerce market in the world by revenue.
- Australians spent $27.5 billion buying goods online in 2019, an increase of almost 25 per cent year compared to the previous year.
- 28.8 per cent of consumers completed retail transactions via their smartphones in 2019, a 6 point increase from 2018.
- Research by Ecommerce Foundation shows that about 65% people of Australia shop online and this trend is going up.
- Australian online retailers face few bureaucratic hurdles and barriers to entry, boosting Australia’s appeal for foreign investors.
At Enlighten, we partner with retailers to provide the visibility of data and metrics that improve customer profiling and carve out business success. We empower companies to tailor products and services to the individual needs of customers, even as competition heats up in the market.
Enlighten’s transformation program and its supporting SaaS analytics can provide the performance changes you are looking for, without the need to change your current IT systems or resort to disruptive outsourcing.
Over the course of 20 weeks, the program will transform your back-office culture. Your teams will be focused on performance and quality, fuelled by the visibility of performance metrics and analytics that activate results.